Common Words and Phrases (English to Spanish)
If you've been looking for a place to learn some common words and phrases in Spanish, then you've come to the right place. This page contains plenty of common phrases translated from English to Spanish.
Some of the translations you'll find on this page include the English to Spanish translations for Yes and No, plus Please, Thank you, and You're Welcome. You'll also learn how to say other common phrases like, Do you speak English? and Please speak slowly which may come in handy during your next Spanish-language class or excursion.
English to Spanish Key Words:
You can also view this list of common words and phrases with translations from Spanish to English. Words in bold added during the last update.
Yes and No
Yes ➔ Si
No ➔ No
Please and Thank you
Please ➔ Por favor
Thank you ➔ Gracias
Thank you very much ➔ Muchas gracias
You're welcome ➔ De nada
I'm sorry ➔ Lo siento
I'm very sorry ➔ Lo siento mucho.
Do You Speak English?
Do you speak Spanish? ➔ ¿Hablas español?
I don't speak Spanish ➔ No hablo español
I don't speak Spanish ➔ Yo no hablo español
I'm sorry, I don't speak Spanish. ➔ Lo siento, no hablo español.
I speak a little Spanish ➔ Hablo un poquito de español
I speak Spanish ➔ Yo hablo español
I know how to speak Spanish ➔ Yo se hablar español
Do you speak English? ➔ Hablas ingles?
Speak slowly ➔ Habla despacio
Please speak slowly ➔ Habla despacio por favor
More slowly ➔ Más despacio
More slowly please ➔ Más despacio por favor
I understand ➔ Entiendo
I don't understand ➔ No entiendo
I don't understand you ➔ No te entiendo
What is Your Name?
What is your name? ➔ Como te llamas?
My name is (name) ➔ Me llamo (name)
I am (name) ➔ Yo soy (name)
Can You Help Me?
Pardon me ➔ Perdoneme
Can you help me? ➔ Me ayudas?
Can you help me please? ➔ Puedes ayudarme por favor?
How Are You?
How are you? ➔ Como estas?
I'm fine ➔ Estoy bien
What is Your Phone Number?
What is your phone number? ➔ Cual es tu numero de telefono?
My number is (number) ➔ Mi numero es (number)
Call me ➔ Llámame
Do You Have a Girlfriend/Boyfriend?
Do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend? - Tiene novia/novio?
Are you married? ➔ Estas casado?
I'm married ➔ Soy casado
Other Useful Phrases
Be careful ➔ Ten cuidado
How old are you? ➔ Que edad tienes?
I come from (place) ➔ Soy de (place)
It cannot be! ➔ No puede ser!
Oh no! ➔ Ay bendito!
This is not good! ➔ No es bueno!
What time is it? ➔ Que hora es?
What time is it? ➔ Que hora tienes?
Where is... ➔ Donde es...
Where is the bathroom? ➔ Donde esta el baño?
*List of common words and phrases last updated: March 14, 2018.
Can you answer these questions about common Spanish words? Give it a try and then scroll back up to see how you did!
1. What is the meaning of más despacio in English?
2. What is the translation of más despacio por favor in English?
3. What is the English translation of yo hablo español?
4. What is the English translation of yo no hablo español?
5. How do you say do you speak Spanish in Spanish?
6. What is the meaning of ay bendito in English?
7. What is the meaning of puedes ayudarme por favor in English?
8. What is the translation of como te llamas in English?
9. What is the meaning of no te entiendo in English?
10. Translate entiendo from Spanish to English.
11. How do you say oh no in Spanish?
12. What is the meaning of donde esta el baño in English?
13. Write the translation of no entiendo in English.
14. What is que hora es translated in English?
15. What is the English translation of lo siento no hablo español?
16. What is the meaning of ten cuidado in English?
17. What is the English translation of no hablo espanol?
18. What is the English translation of hablas espanol?
19. Translate como estas into English.
Spanish Family Words: Learn how to say family and people words in Spanish.
As most of the translations in the list above are user submitted, it's quite possible for there to be mistakes on the page. If you speak Spanish and have a correction you'd like to share, feel free to leave a message below. Thanks again for any help you can provide.
Essential Spanish Learning Materials
Spanish Phrase Books
Spanish for Careers
Spanish Learning Materials for Kids
Spanish Vocabulary Builders
Spanish Pronouns & Prepositions
For the full selection, please visit our: Spanish Language Learning Shop