English to Spanish Greetings, Goodbyes, and Conversational Introductions
Basic greetings are some of the most important words to learn in any language. To help you understand and extend such greetings in Spanish, this page has outlined several useful translations from English to Spanish.
On this page you will learn greetings like
↪ how to spell hello / hi in Spanish
↪ how to spell good morning / good afternoon / good evening in Spanish
↪ how to spell welcome in Spanish
↪ how to spell what's up in Spanish
and goodbyes like
↪ how to spell goodbye / bye in Spanish
↪ how to spell take care in Spanish
and much more...
Scroll down for our full list of English to Spanish greetings, goodbyes, and introductions.
English to Spanish Greetings and Goodbyes:
Whether you are learning about Spanish greetings in South America, taking an online Spanish class, or plan to enrol yourself in one of the many Spanish language immersion schools, our Spanish to English dictionary is always being updated with new Spanish greetings and goodbyes which makes it an excellent supplement for those trying to learn how to speak Spanish.
(Words in bold added during the last update. Latest additions can also been seen on our Twitter page: LearnSpanishCLT.)
Various Greetings from English to Spanish:
- Greeting - Saludo
- Hello (Informal) - Buenas
- Hi / Hello - Hola
- Welcome - Bienvenido
- Welcome to (place) - Bienvenido a (place)
- Good morning - Buenos dias
- Good afternoon - Buenas tardes
- Good evening - Buenas noches
- What's up? - Qué hay (de nuevo)?
- How's it going? - Qué pasa?
Conversational Introductions from English to Spanish:
- Let me introduce myself. My name is... - Déjame presentarme. Mi nombre es...
- I'd like you to meet... - Le presento a...
- I want to introduce you to a friend (female) - Te quiero presentar a una amiga
- I want to introduce you to a friend (male) - Te quiero presentar a un amigo
- Pleased to meet you - Encantado (m) / Encantada (f)
- Nice to meet you - Es un gusto conocerte
- It's nice to meet you - Mucho gusto
- I'm happy to meet you - Mucho gusto en conocerle
- It's nice to meet you too - El gusto es mío
- A pleasure - Un placer
Saying Goodbye from English to Spanish:
- Bye - Adiós
- Goodbye - Adiós
- Farewell - Despidido
- See you - Nos vemos
- See you later - Hasta luego
- See you in a minute - Hasta ahora
- See you very soon - Hasta muy pronto
- See you tomorrow - Hasta mañana
- Until next time - Hasta la vista
- See you next time - Hasta la proximo
- Take care - Cuidate
- Have a nice day - Que tengas un buen dia
Spanish Key Words: Learn how to say key Spanish words and phrases.
Leave a Comment
If you found any errors in our translations, let us know in the comments below! Looking for a specific translation relating to the theme of this page? Free free to ask for one in the comment section as well. Otherwise, just let us know what's on your mind!
Learn More with These Resources
Essential Spanish Learning Materials
Spanish Phrase Books
Spanish for Careers
Spanish Learning Materials for Kids
Spanish Vocabulary Builders
Spanish Pronouns & Prepositions
For the full selection, please visit our: Spanish Language Learning Shop
Articles about Mexico:
Articles about Spain:
Articles about Spanish:
Vote in Our Web Poll
Did You Know? Spanish Language Trivia
According to Google Trends, the countries most interested in learning Spanish are:
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United States (Utah, Florida, Texas, Colorado, Alabama, North Carolina, Arizona, Georgia, New Jersey, and Indiana)
- Ireland (Dublin)
- United Kingdom (Scotland, England, and Wales)
- New Zealand (Auckland)
- Kenya (Nairobi)
- Canada (British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec)
- Australia (Queensland, New South Wales, Western Australia, Victoria)
- Costa Rica
*Specific sub-regions only listed if they were available.
Requested Spanish Translations
Do you know how to speak Spanish? Perhaps you can send in some translations to help the visitors of this site. Below are a list of greetings and farewells in English that people are looking to be translated into Spanish.
- Best wishes
- Bye, let's go.
- Good afternoon, everyone.
- Good morning, my queen.
- Good night.
- Good night, my love.
- Goodbye friend.
- Goodbye friends. I'm going to miss you all.
- Goodbye my friend.
- Goodbye until next time.
- Happy to meet you.
- Happy to see you.
- Have a great day.
- Have a nice evening.
- Have a nice week.
- Hello my Mexican friends.
- Hello, it's nice to meet you too.
- Hello, my name is Nimrod.
- Hey friend.
- Hey, what's up?
- Hi dear. How are you?
- Hi everyone how's it going?
- I am glad I met you.
- I am happy to have met you.
- I am happy to meet you.
- It was nice to meet you.
- Nice to meet you too.
- Nice to see you.
- See you at school.
- See you in the morning.
- See you later, my friend.
- See you soon.
- Sweet dreams
- Talk with you soon.
- Welcome to Spain.
The Fine Print
The English to Spanish Dictionary featured at the Chromlea Language Tutor may contain some errors in the Spanish language. It is to be seen with a grain of salt, as all the content is from actual user submissions and not checked for grammatical / spelling accuracy (though we do correct our content as we are informed of errors). We wish you the best with your learning Spanish and hope you can find this site helpful in your Spanish language study.