English to Spanish: Learn Animal Words and Phrases in Spanish
If you've been looking for a place to build upon your basic Spanish language vocabular, you've come to the right place. On this page you will find our listed animal translations from English to Spanish.
This page contains several English to Spanish translations including not only the animal names themselves, but also translations for sentences containing animal references. No longer will you need to wonder what the translations for, 'I have a cat in my pants' or 'I want to rent an ostrich' are, just be reading this page, you'll know!
Below the translations, you'll be able to join in the conversation, read some Spanish-themed articles, and participate in our current Spanish-themed poll. There's also some learning videos featuring the Spanish animal words and a list of animal words other visitors are hoping to see translated.
If you know the translations for any of the words, feel free to send them in using our submit forms at the bottom of the page. You can also subscribe to site updates using the links in the same area.
Names of the Animals from English to Spanish:
Whether you take Spanish classes online or simply study Spanish language books offline, our list of animal related English to Spanish translations are here to help you learn the Spanish animal names and become fluent in Spanish!
(Words in bold added during the last update. Latest additions can also been seen on our Twitter page: LearnSpanishCLT.)
Animal Words from English to Spanish
- Bat - Murciélago
- Bear - Oso
- Bird - Pajaro
- Cat - Gato
- Cow - Vaca
- Deer - Ciervo
- Dog - Perro
- Dolphin - Delfín
- Dragon - Dragon
- Fish - Pez
- Fish (plural) - Peces
- Fox - Zorro
- Hippopotamus - Hipopotamo
- Horse - Caballo
- Lion - León
- Monkey - Mono
- Puppy - Cachorro
- Shark - Tiburon
- Snake - Serpiente
- Tiger - Tigre
- Whale - Ballena
English to Spanish Sentences with Animal References:
- A dog is man's best friend - El perro es el mejor amigo del hombre
- Are you a cow? - Es tu la vaca?
- I have a cat in my pants - Tengo un gato en mis pantalones
- I have a monkey - Yo tengo un mono
- I like to sleep with the cows - Me gusta dormir con las vacas
- I want to rent an ostrich - Quiero alquilar un avestruz
- My cat is big - Mi gato es grande
- My dog ate my homework - Mi perro se comió mi tarea
- My dog is very cute - Mi perro es muy lindo
- The elephant is big - El elefante es grande
- The fish is red - El pez es rojo
- You are a monkey - Eres un mono
Spanish Colors: Learn how to say Spanish color words.
Leave a Comment
If you found any errors in our translations, let us know in the comments below! Looking for a specific translation relating to the theme of this page? Free free to ask for one in the comment section as well. Otherwise, just let us know what's on your mind!
Learn More with These Resources
Essential Spanish Learning Materials
Spanish Phrase Books
Spanish for Careers
Spanish Learning Materials for Kids
Spanish Vocabulary Builders
Spanish Pronouns & Prepositions
For the full selection, please visit our: Spanish Language Learning Shop
Learn Spanish Animals with Videos
Animal names in Spanish with BASHO & FRIENDS - Animales
A very good children's video with a catchy musical flair. Includes translations for several animals - Pig, Chicken, Frog, Horse, Cat, Dog, Sheep, and Bird.
Articles about Mexico:
Articles about Spain:
Articles about Spanish:
Vote in Our Web Poll
Did You Know? Spanish Language Trivia
According to Google Trends, the countries most interested in learning Spanish are:
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United States (Utah, Florida, Texas, Colorado, Alabama, North Carolina, Arizona, Georgia, New Jersey, and Indiana)
- Ireland (Dublin)
- United Kingdom (Scotland, England, and Wales)
- New Zealand (Auckland)
- Kenya (Nairobi)
- Canada (British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec)
- Australia (Queensland, New South Wales, Western Australia, Victoria)
- Costa Rica
*Specific sub-regions only listed if they were available.
Requested Spanish Translations
Do you know how to speak Spanish? Perhaps you can send in some translations to help the visitors of this site. Below are a list of animal words and phrases that people are looking to be translated from English to Spanish:
- I have a big cat in my pants.
- I have a cat.
- I have a monkey in my pants.
- I love penguins.
- I want to rent an ostrich from you.
- Koi (fish)
- My animal is
- Sweet bird
- The cat is in my pants.
- The elephant is big.
- This is a lion.
- What an ugly animal.
- What is this animal named in Spanish?
- Why is your monkey in my pants?
The Fine Print
The English to Spanish Dictionary featured at the Chromlea Language Tutor may contain some errors in the Spanish language. It is to be seen with a grain of salt, as all the content is from actual user submissions and not checked for grammatical / spelling accuracy (though we do correct our content as we are informed of errors). We wish you the best with your learning Spanish and hope you can find this site helpful in your Spanish language study.