English to Spanish: Days, Months and Years
When learning Spanish, you may find yourself needing to know the names for the days of the weeks, months of the year, or seasons. This page can help you learn these words with its English to Spanish translations of each.
There's also a list of general day and month-themed words like, weekend and first day of the month listed as well. By reading this page, you'll soon know the Spanish days of the week, months of the year, and seasons.
Days of the Week / Months of the Year:
You can also view this list of Spanish days and months with translations from Spanish to English. Words in bold added during the last update.
Days of the Week (English to Spanish)
* Please note that in Spanish days of the week are not capitalized like they are in English, except for when they are used at the beginning of a sentence.
Monday ➔ Lunes
Tuesday ➔ Martes
Wednesday ➔ Miércoles
Thursday ➔ Jueves
Friday ➔ Viernes
Saturday ➔ Sábado
Sunday ➔ Domingo
Months (English to Spanish)
* Please note that as is with the Spanish days of the week, the Spanish months of the year are also not capitalized unless they are being used at the beginning of a sentence. This part of Spanish grammar is unlike English grammar, because in proper English, the months should always be capitalized.
January ➔ Enero
February ➔ Febrero
March ➔ Marzo
April ➔ Abril
May ➔ Mayo
June ➔ Junio
July ➔ Julio
August ➔ Agosto
September ➔ Septiembre
October ➔ Octubre
November ➔ Noviembre
December ➔ Diciembre
Seasons (English to Spanish)
Spring ➔ Primavera
Summer ➔ Verano
Autumn ➔ Otoño
Winter ➔ Invierno
Other Useful Words and Phrases (English to Spanish)
Days of the week ➔ Días de la semana
Do you know what month it is? ➔ ¿Sabes qué mes es?
During the spring months... ➔ Durante los meses de primavera...
First day of the month ➔ Primer día del mes
First day of the week ➔ Primer día de la semana
How was your weekend? ➔ ¿Cómo estuvo tu fin de semana?
Months ➔ Meses
Next month ➔ Próximo mes
Open during the summer months ➔ Abierto los meses de verano
Seasons ➔ Estaciones
Spring months ➔ Meses de primavera
Summer months ➔ Meses de verano
This week ➔ Esta semana
Weekend ➔ Fin de semana
What month is it? ➔ ¿Qué mes es?
Winter months ➔ Meses de invierno
*Spanish days, months, and seasons list last updated: March 15, 2018.
How well do you remember what you've learned? Can you answer these questions? Once you've written down your answers, scroll back up to see how you've done.
1. How do you say months in Spanish?
2. How do you say days of the week in Spanish?
3. Do you capitalize days of the week in Spanish?
4. How do you say first day of the week in Spanish?
5. How do you say what month is it in Spanish?
6. How do you say this week in Spanish?
7. How do you say seasons in Spanish?
8. What month is enero in Spanish?
Spanish Food and Drink: Learn how to say food and drink words in Spanish.
As many of the translations in the list above are user submitted, it's quite possible for there to be mistakes on the page. If you speak Spanish and have a correction you'd like to share, feel free to leave a message below. Thanks again for any help you can provide.
Essential Spanish Learning Materials
Spanish Phrase Books
Spanish for Careers
Spanish Learning Materials for Kids
Spanish Vocabulary Builders
Spanish Pronouns & Prepositions
For the full selection, please visit our: Spanish Language Learning Shop
Learn How to Speak Spanish: Days of the Week: Common Spanish Phrases
This video will teach you to speak the days of the week in Spanish, along with some related phrases. It includes both audio and video to help you out.