Greetings in Somali (English to Somali)
Here you'll find the English to Somali translations for greetings and goodbyes.
Includes several ways to say hello and goodbye, plus some time-appropriate greetings like good morning, afternoon, evening, and night.
Notes: Words in bold added during the last update. You can also view these greetings from Somali to English.
Saying hello in Somali (English to Somali):
Hello ➔ Salaam alaykum
Hello / How are you? (lit. Is there peace?) ➔ Ma nabad baa?
Long time no see ➔ Wakhti dheer kuma arag
Nice to meet you ➔ Kulanti wanaagsan
Welcome ➔ Soo dhowow
Timed Greetings (English to Somali):
Good morning ➔ Maalin wanagsan
Good afternoon ➔ Galab wanaagsan
Good afternoon ➔ Waa nabad
Good evening ➔ Fiid wanaagsan
Good night ➔ Habeen wanagsan
Saying goodbye in Somali (English to Somali):
Bye (informal) ➔ Macasalaamo
Good bye ➔ Nabad gelyo
Have a nice day ➔ Maalin wanaagsan
*List of greetings last updated: March 12, 2018.
Can you answer these questions about Somali greetings?
1. How do you say hello in Somali?
2. What is the translation of good morning in Somali?
3. How do you say bye in Somali
4. How do you say good evening in Somali?
5. What is the translation of good night in Somali?
6. How do you say goodbye in Somali?
7. How do you say hi in Somali language?
8. What is good afternoon in Somali?
As most of the translations in the list above are user submitted, it's quite possible for there to be mistakes on the page. If you speak Somali and have a correction you'd like to share, feel free to leave a message below. Thanks again for any help you can provide.