English to German: Learn Random Words and Phrases in German
This page is a lot of fun. All the random German words and phrases that don't currently fit into any of the other categories get listed here. And believe me, some of them are very random - but that's why they can be such a great learning resource, because they aren't the types of phrases you'll find in your traditional German textbooks or classrooms.
Among the various phrases, you'll find the English to German translations for sentences like I am a hungry hungry hippo, I am not an airport, and I have ten potatoes in my pants. There's also some more useful sentences like What is the weather? and I need more beer! Now!
Other than the list of random English to German translations, you'll find a comment section where you can talk with other people who are also learning the German language, plus some helpful German learning resources from Amazon.com. There's also some German-themed articles, a web poll, and some German language trivia.
Do you know German? You can help this page grow! Near the bottom of the page is a submit form where you can send in more random English to German translations. All submissions will be added to the site during a future update. Don't know German, but know a different language? That's fine too! You can use the submit form to submit translations in any language. We'll make sure they get added to the proper pages.
Near the submit form, you'll find links to our Twitter profile and Facebook page. If you'd like to be notified when updates are made to the site, simply follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook and we'll let you know each time an update to the site is made.
English to German Random Words and Phrases:
Whether you are taking online German classes, doing distance learning German, or studying German abroad in Europe, our English to German dictionary is always being updated with new random German translations which makes it an excellent supplement for those trying to learn how to speak German.
(Words in bold added during the last update.)
- Father - Vater
- I am a hungry hungry hippo - Ich bin ein hungrig hungrig Nilpferd
- I am not an airport - Ich bin kein Flughafen
- I have a nose! - Ich habe eine Nase!
- I have ten potatoes in my pants - Ich habe zehn Kartoffeln in meiner Hose
- I hold you like my own blood - Du bist mir so wichtig wie mein eigenes Blut
- I love you - Ich liebe dich
- I need more beer! Now! - Ich brauche mehr Bier! Jetzt!
- Merry Christmas - Frohe Weihnachten
- Mother - Mutter
- My mom is nice - Meine Mutter ist nett
- My spoon is too big - Mein Löffel ist zu groß
- What do we need? - Was brauchen wir?
- What is the weather? - Wie ist das Wetter?
- What is this world coming to? - Wohin wird das noch führen?
- Why are you eating the table? - Warum frisst du den Tisch?
- You are dead - Du bist tot
- You are the most beautiful girl of all - Du bist das schönste Mädchen von allen
German Greetings: Learn how to say German greetings and goodbyes.
Leave a Comment
If you found any errors in our translations, let us know in the comments below! Looking for a specific translation relating to the theme of this page? Free free to ask for one in the comment section as well. Otherwise, just let us know what's on your mind!
Learn More with These Resources
Articles about Germany:
Vote in Our Web Poll
Did You Know? German Language Trivia
According to Google Trends, the countries most interested in learning German are:
- Ireland (Dublin)
- India (Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Delhi)
- Singapore (Singapore)
- Egypt (Cairo Governorate)
- Australia (Queensland, Victoria, New South Wales)
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom (Scotland, England)
- United Arab Emirates
- South Africa
*Specific sub-regions only listed if they were available.
Requested German Translations
Do you know how to speak German? If so, consider sending in some translations to help the visitors of this site. Below are a list of random words and phrases that people are looking to be translated from English to German:
- Able to touch
- Because I don't even know you
- Don't care
- Enjoying the art of people watching
- Exactly what it says.
- Germany forever!
- Go away.
- I'm hungry.
- Stop doing that.
The Fine Print
The English to German Dictionary featured at the Chromlea Language Tutor may contain some errors in the German language. It is to be seen with a grain of salt, as all the content is from actual user submissions and not checked for grammatical / spelling accuracy (though we do correct our content as we are informed of errors). We wish you the best with your learning German and hope you can find this site helpful in your German language study.