Greetings in Afrikaans
Need to greet someone in Afrikaans? This page should help!
See below for some hellos and goodbyes in Afrikaans. There's also a few timely greetings which can be said during certain hours of the day.
Note: Words in bold added during the last update. You can also view this list of greetings from English to Afrikaans.
Hello in Afrikaans:
Haai ➔ Hi
Hallo ➔ Hello
Welkom ➔ Welcome
Goeie môre ➔ Good morning
Goeie middag ➔ Good afternoon
Goeie naand ➔ Good evening
Nice to Meet You:
Aangename kennis. ➔ Pleased to meet you. (Formal)
Lekker om jou te ontmoet. ➔ Pleased to meet you. (Informal)
Goodbye in Afrikaans:
Tot siens ➔ Good bye
Voerspoort ➔ Farewell
Lekker dag! ➔ Have a nice day!
*Greetings last updated: March 14, 2018.
Can you answer these questions about Afrikaans greetings?
1. How do you say goodbye in Afrikaans?
2. How do you say farewell in Afrikaans?
3. What is the translation of hello in Afrikaans?
4. What is the English meaning of voerspoort?
5. How do you say good evening in Afrikaans?