Spanish Greetings & Goodbyes, Plus Conversational Introductions
Some of the most important words to learn in any language are your basic greetings like hello and goodbye. This page not only provides a list for greeting words in Spanish, but also lists a number of ways to say goodbye in Spanish.
On this page of Spanish hellos and goodbyes, you will find:
↪ Spanish introductions, conversations and responses
↪ basic Spanish expressions and salutations
↪ translations for speaking simple, common, and conversational Spanish greetings and farewells
↪ various words, phrases, and sentences to expand your Spanish greetings vocabulary
The list of Spanish to English language translations on this page includes:
↪ a range of basic and simple Spanish words
↪ more advanced and complicated Spanish sayings
↪ a mixture of informal and formal Spanish expressions
↪ some popular and general Spanish responses
↪ both proper Spanish and slang vocabulary
and much more...
So without further ado, please scroll down to see our full list of Spanish greetings and goodbyes.
Spanish to English Greetings and Goodbyes:
Whether you are learning about Spanish greetings in South America, taking an online Spanish class, or plan to enrol yourself in one of the many Spanish language immersion schools, our Spanish to English dictionary is always being updated with new Spanish greetings and goodbyes which makes it an excellent supplement for those trying to learn how to speak Spanish.
(Words in bold added during the last update. Latest additions can also been seen on our Twitter page: LearnSpanishCLT.)
Various Greetings in Spanish:
- Saludo - Greeting
- Buenas - Hello (Informal)
- Hola - Hi / Hello
- Bienvenido - Welcome
- Bienvenido a (place) - Welcome to (place)
- Buenos dias - Good morning
- Buenas tardes - Good afternoon
- Buenas noches - Good evening
- Qué hay (de nuevo)? - What's up?
- Qué pasa? - How's it going?
Conversational Introductions in Spanish:
- Déjame presentarme. Mi nombre es... - Let me introduce myself. My name is...
- Le presento a... - I'd like you to meet...
- Te quiero presentar a una amiga - I want to introduce you to a friend (female)
- Te quiero presentar a un amigo - I want to introduce you to a friend (male)
- Encantado (m) / Encantada (f) - Pleased to meet you
- Es un gusto conocerte - Nice to meet you
- Mucho gusto - It's nice to meet you
- Mucho gusto en conocerle - I'm happy to meet you
- El gusto es mío - It's nice to meet you too
- Un placer - A pleasure
Saying Goodbye in Spanish:
- Adiós - Bye / Goodbye
- Despidido - Farewell
- Nos vemos - See you
- Hasta luego - See you later
- Hasta ahora - See you in a minute
- Hasta muy pronto - See you very soon
- Hasta mañana - See you tomorrow
- Hasta la vista - Until next time
- Hasta la proximo - See you next time
- Cuidate - Take care
- Que tengas un buen dia - Have a nice day
Spanish Key Words: Learn how to say key Spanish words and phrases.
Leave a Comment
If you found any errors in our translations, let us know in the comments below! Looking for a specific translation relating to the theme of this page? Free free to ask for one in the comment section as well. Otherwise, just let us know what's on your mind!
Learn More with These Resources
Essential Spanish Learning Materials
Spanish Phrase Books
Spanish for Careers
Spanish Learning Materials for Kids
Spanish Vocabulary Builders
Spanish Pronouns & Prepositions
For the full selection, please visit our: Spanish Language Learning Shop
Articles about Mexico:
Articles about Spain:
Articles about Spanish:
Vote in Our Web Poll
Did You Know? Spanish Language Trivia
According to Google Trends, the countries most interested in learning Spanish are:
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United States (Utah, Florida, Texas, Colorado, Alabama, North Carolina, Arizona, Georgia, New Jersey, and Indiana)
- Ireland (Dublin)
- United Kingdom (Scotland, England, and Wales)
- New Zealand (Auckland)
- Kenya (Nairobi)
- Canada (British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec)
- Australia (Queensland, New South Wales, Western Australia, Victoria)
- Costa Rica
*Specific sub-regions only listed if they were available.
Requested Spanish Translations
Do you know how to speak Spanish? Perhaps you can send in some translations to help the visitors of this site. Below are a list of greetings and farewells in English that people are looking to be translated into Spanish.
- Best wishes
- Bye, let's go.
- Good afternoon, everyone.
- Good morning, my queen.
- Good night.
- Good night, my love.
- Goodbye friend.
- Goodbye friends. I'm going to miss you all.
- Goodbye my friend.
- Goodbye until next time.
- Happy to meet you.
- Happy to see you.
- Have a great day.
- Have a nice evening.
- Have a nice week.
- Hello my Mexican friends.
- Hello, it's nice to meet you too.
- Hello, my name is Nimrod.
- Hey friend.
- Hey, what's up?
- Hi dear. How are you?
- Hi everyone how's it going?
- I am glad I met you.
- I am happy to have met you.
- I am happy to meet you.
- It was nice to meet you.
- Nice to meet you too.
- Nice to see you.
- See you at school.
- See you in the morning.
- See you later, my friend.
- See you soon.
- Sweet dreams
- Talk with you soon.
- Welcome to Spain.
The Fine Print
The Spanish to English Dictionary featured at the Chromlea Language Tutor may contain some errors in the Spanish language. It is to be seen with a grain of salt, as all the content is from actual user submissions and not checked for grammatical / spelling accuracy (though we do correct our content as we are informed of errors). We wish you the best with your learning Spanish and hope you can find this site helpful in your Spanish language study.