French Days of the Week, Months and Seasons
There are many situations where you might need to speak of the days, months, or seasons in French.
Look below for French to English translations of the days of the week, months of the year, and seasons.
Note: Words in bold added during the last update. You can also view this list of days, weeks, and seasons from English to French.
Days of the Week in French:
Les jours de la semaine ➔ Days of the week
Jour ➔ Day
Semaine ➔ Week
Dimanche ➔ Sunday
Lundi ➔ Monday
Mardi ➔ Tuesday
Mercredi ➔ Wednesday
Jeudi ➔ Thursday
Vendredi ➔ Friday
Samedi ➔ Saturday
Months of the Year in French:
Les mois de l'année ➔ Months of the year
Mois ➔ Month
Année ➔ Year
Janvier ➔ January
Février ➔ February
Mars ➔ March
Avril ➔ April
Mai ➔ May
Juin ➔ June
Juillet ➔ July
Août ➔ August
Septembre ➔ September
Octobre ➔ October
Novembre ➔ November
Décembre ➔ December
The Seasons in French:
Les saisons ➔ Seasons
Le printemps ➔ Spring
L'été ➔ Summer
L'automne ➔ Fall / Autumn
L'hiver ➔ Winter
Related Words and Phrases:
Hier ➔ Yesterday
Aujourd'hui ➔ Today
Demain ➔ Tomorrow
C'est mon anniversaire, lundi 18 Juillet 2010 (18 is dix-huit, 2010 is deux mille dix) ➔ It is my birthday Monday, July 18, 2010
C'est (season) ➔ It's (season)
En hiver ➔ In winter
Je déteste les lundis. ➔ I hate Mondays.
Je déteste les matins de lundi. ➔ I hate Monday mornings.
Quelle saison est-ce? ➔ What's the season?
*Days, months, and years lists last updated: April 7, 2018.
English to French Comprehension:
Can you answer these questions about the days, months, and weeks in French?
1. How do you say days of the week in French?
2. How do you say months of the year in French?
3. What is week in French?
4. What is year in French language?
5. How do you say the month May in French?
6. How do you say Monday in French language?
7. How do you spell day in French?
8. What is the French word for Tuesday?
9. What is the French word for Thursday?
10. How do you say the word month in French?
11. What is the French translation of winter?
French to English Comprehension:
What about these questions starting with the French first? Can you translate them back into English?
1. What are the French months janvier and février when translated to English?
2. Mardi is which of the French days of the week?
3. What is the English translation of the French word lundi?
As most of the translations in the list above are user submitted, it's quite possible for there to be mistakes on the page. If you speak French and have a correction you'd like to share, feel free to leave a message below. Thanks again for any help you can provide.