Japanese Love Words and Phrases
This page will teach you many ways for telling someone how much you love them in Japanese.
It contains the Japanese to English translations for romantic words like Love and Lover, plus phrases like I love you, I can't live without you, and You are as beautiful as a flower. Scroll down to see the full list of translations.
Note: You can also view this list of romantic Japanese phrases with translations from English to Japanese. Words in bold added/corrected during the last update.
Japanese to English Love Words and Phrases:
Japanese Love Words
Ai ➔ Love
Airashii ➔ Adorable
Kanojo ➔ 彼女 ➔ Girlfriend
Kareshi ➔ 彼氏 ➔ Boyfriend
Kawaii ➔ Cute
Kirei ➔ Pretty
Koibito ➔ Lover
Utsukushii ➔ Beautiful
Japanese Love Phrases
Aishiteru ➔ あいしてる ➔ I love you
Aitai ➔ I want to see you
Aitai yo ➔ I want to see you
Anata nashidewa ikite ikenai ➔ I can't live without you
Daisuki dayo ➔ だいすきだよ ➔ I really like you
Dakishimetai ➔ I want to hold you
Eien ni aishiteru yo ➔ I love you forever
Hajimete ata tokikara sukidata ➔ I've loved you from the moment I first laid eyes on you
Hana no youni kirei ➔ You are as beautiful as a flower
Hontou ni aishiteiru ➔ 本当に愛している ➔ I really love you
Iroppoi ➔ You're sexy
Issho ni itai ➔ 一緒にいたい ➔ I want to be with you
Itsumo aishiteru ➔ いつもあいしてる ➔ I will always love you
Jinsei saiai no hito ➔ 人生最愛の人 ➔ Love of my life
Kanojo wo aishite imasu ➔ 彼女を愛しています ➔ I love her
Kekkon shite-kureru? ➔ Will you marry me?
Kimi ni koishite iru ➔ 君に恋している ➔ I'm in love with you
Kimi ni muchu nanda ➔ I'm crazy about you
Kimi wo aishiteru ➔ I love you
Kirei dayo ➔ You're beautiful
Kisu shite ➔ Kiss me
Kisu shite mo ii ➔ May I kiss you?
Kokoro no sokokara aishiteru ➔ I love you from the bottom of my heart
Suki desu ➔ I like you
Watashi no ai ➔ 私の愛 ➔ My love
Watashi no koibito ➔ 私の恋人 ➔ My lover
Watashi wa kokorokara anata o aishiteimasu ➔ 私はあなたを心から愛しています ➔ I love you with all my heart
Zutto issho-ni itai ➔ I want to be with you forever
*Romantic words list last updated: March 23, 2018.
How well do you remember what you've learned? Can you answer these questions? Once you've written down your answers, scroll back up to see how you've done.
1. How do you say my love in Japanese?
2. What is the Japanese word for I love you?
3. How do you say love in Japanese?
4. What is I love you forever in Japanese?
5. How do you say lover in Japanese?
6. How do you say love of my life in Japanese?
7. How do you say I like you in Japanese?
8. What is the translation for I love her in Japanese?
9. How do you say I'm in love with you in Japanese?
10. How do you say my lover in Japanese?
11. What is I love you with all my heart in Japanese?
12. How do you say I love you in Japanese letters?
13. What is the English meaning of itsumo aishiteru?
14. What is the English meaning of zutto issho-ni itai?
15. How do you say I can't live without you in Japanese?
16. What is I love you from the bottom of my heart in Japanese?
17. What is the meaning of kokoro no sokokara aishiteru in English?
18. What is the meaning of kimi wo aishiteru in English?
19. What is the English translation of hajimete ata tokikara sukidata?
20. What is the English meaning of aishiteru?
As most of the translations in the list above are user submitted, it's quite possible for there to be mistakes on the page. If you speak Japanese and have a correction you'd like to share, feel free to leave a message below. Thanks again for any help you can provide.
The Fine Print
Privacy | Amazon Disclosure