Learn Spanish Food Vocabulary and Drink Words
If you are looking for a place to build on your basic Spanish vocabulary - especially when it comes to learning Spanish food vocabulary and drink words, this page should help you get a decent start. By reading through this page, you'll have a much easier time eating at a Spanish food restaurant, because you'll have a better grasp on how to order food in Spanish. Look below to find the Spanish to English translations for many of the words that can often be found on a Spanish dinner menu.
This page will teach you food terms in Spanish including
↪ how to say eggs / onion / bread in Spanish
↪ how to say water / beer / milk in Spanish
↪ how to say beer in Spanish
plus other useful words and phrases like
↪ how to say I'm hungry in Spanish
↪ how to say breakfast / lunch / dinner in Spanish
↪ how to say dessert / snack in Spanish
and much more.
So without further ado, please scroll down to see our full list of Spanish food and drink words.
Spanish to English Food and Drink Words:
Whether you take Spanish classes online or simply study Spanish language books offline, our list of food and drink related Spanish to English translations are here to teach you food and drink words in Spanish, so you can understand the Spanish dinner menu when eating at a Spanish food restaurant!
(Words in bold added during the last update. Latest additions can also been seen on our Twitter page: LearnSpanishCLT.)
Food Words in Spanish:
- El alimento - Food
- Comer - To eat
- Ajo - Garlic
- Cebolla - Onion
- Dulce - Candy
- Fruta - Fruit
- Gelatina - Jelly
- Hongo - Mushroom
- Huevo(s) - Egg(s)
- Jalea - Jam
- Jamón - Ham
- Pan - Bread
- Pepinillos - Gherkins
- Zanahoria - Carrot
Names of the Spices in Spanish:
- Azúcar - Sugar
- La sal - Salt
- La pimienta - Pepper
Drink Words in Spanish:
- El refresco - Beverage
- Beber - To drink
- Agua - Water
- Café - Coffee
- Cerveza - Beer
- Gaseosa - Soda pop
- Leche - Milk
- Vino - Wine
Phrases Containing Food and Drink Words in Spanish:
- Como cereal para el desayuno - I eat cereal for breakfast
- De postre quiero flan - For dessert, I'll have apple tart
- El queso - The cheese
- La vida es como una caja de chocolate - Life is like a box of chocolates
- Quiero Taco Bell - I want Taco Bell
- Quiero un poco de helado - I would like some ice cream
- Tu eres un pina - You are a pineapple
General Food and Drink Related Words in Spanish:
- Desayuno - Breakfast
- Almuerzo - Lunch
- Cena - Dinner
- Postre - Dessert
- Merienda - Snack
- Cafeteria - Coffee shop
General Food and Drink Related Phrases in Spanish:
- El menu por favor? - May I have a menu?
- ¿Que quieres beber? - What would you like to drink?
- ¿Que sabores de helados tienes? - What flavors do you have?
- Quiero ver el menú, por favor - I would like to see the menu, please
- Tengo Hambre - I'm hungry
- ¿Tienes una mesa para seis personas? - Do you have a table for six?
Spanish Animals: Learn how to say Spanish animal names.
Leave a Comment
If you found any errors in our translations, let us know in the comments below! Looking for a specific translation relating to the theme of this page? Free free to ask for one in the comment section as well. Otherwise, just let us know what's on your mind!
Learn More with These Resources
Essential Spanish Learning Materials
Spanish Phrase Books
Spanish for Careers
Spanish Learning Materials for Kids
Spanish Vocabulary Builders
Spanish Pronouns & Prepositions
For the full selection, please visit our: Spanish Language Learning Shop
Articles about Mexico:
Articles about Spain:
Articles about Spanish:
Vote in Our Web Poll
Did You Know? Spanish Language Trivia
According to Google Trends, the countries most interested in learning Spanish are:
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United States (Utah, Florida, Texas, Colorado, Alabama, North Carolina, Arizona, Georgia, New Jersey, and Indiana)
- Ireland (Dublin)
- United Kingdom (Scotland, England, and Wales)
- New Zealand (Auckland)
- Kenya (Nairobi)
- Canada (British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec)
- Australia (Queensland, New South Wales, Western Australia, Victoria)
- Costa Rica
*Specific sub-regions only listed if they were available.
Requested Spanish Translations
Do you know how to speak Spanish? Perhaps you can send in some translations to help the visitors of this site. Below are a list of words and phrases that people are looking to be translated to Spanish:
- Are we going to eat clams?
- Chimichanga and rice
- Dr. Pepper
- Enjoy the meal.
- Good food
- I like to drink beer.
- I would like to take you to lunch.
- Needs salt
- Red bean rice with chicken and broccoli
- Thank you for dinner.
- We would like tea please.
The Fine Print
The Spanish to English Dictionary featured at the Chromlea Language Tutor may contain some errors in the Spanish language. It is to be seen with a grain of salt, as all the content is from actual user submissions and not checked for grammatical / spelling accuracy (though we do correct our content as we are informed of errors). We wish you the best with your learning Spanish and hope you can find this site helpful in your Spanish language study.