Colors in Urdu
Looking to learn your colors in Urdu? You've come to the right page!
Below you will find our master list of Urdu colors, all translated from Urdu to English. After that you will find a couple of sentences featuring color words, so you can see the words in their possible usage.
Note: Words in bold added during the last update. You can also view this list of colors from English to Urdu.
Color Related Words in Urdu:
Rang ➔ Color
Rangeen ➔ Colorful
Berang ➔ Colorless
Halka ➔ Light
Gehra ➔ Dark
Zyada halka ➔ Very light
Zyada gehra ➔ Very dark
Urdu Color Words:
Arghwaani ➔ Purple
Asmani ➔ Sky blue
Badami ➔ Almond colored
Bhura ➔ Brown
Chaandi ➔ Silver
Chita ➔ White
Ferozi ➔ Turquoise
Gulabi ➔ Pink
Harra ➔ Green
Jaamani ➔ Purple
Khala ➔ Black
Laalsurkh ➔ Red
Malta ➔ Orange
Naranji ➔ Orange
Neela ➔ Blue
Peela ➔ Yellow
Sabz ➔ Green
Safayd ➔ White
Sunehri ➔ Gold
Surmai ➔ Grey
Zard ➔ Yellow
Urdu Colors in Sentences:
Yeh ghubarah peeli hai. ➔ The balloon is yellow.
Yeh sayb sabz hai. ➔ The apple is green.
*List of colors last updated: March 29, 2018.
English to Urdu Comprehension:
Can you answer these questions about Urdu colors?
1. How do you say the color orange in Urdu?
2. How do you say the color brown in Urdu?
3. What is the word for color in Urdu?
4. How do you say the color green in Urdu?
5. How do you spell the color grey in Urdu?
6. What is the word for yellow in Urdu?
7. How do you say the color purple in Urdu?
8. How do you say colorful in Urdu?
Urdu to English Comprehension:
If you'd prefer to test your comprehension with the Urdu word first, then give this list a try!
1. What is the English translation of the color bhura?
2. How do you say the color zard in English?
3. What is the color peela in English?
4. What is the English translation of the color badami?
5. How do you spell the color asmani in English?
6. What is the color neela in English?
As most of the translations in the list above are user submitted, it's quite possible for there to be mistakes on the page. If you speak Urdu and have a correction you'd like to share, feel free to leave a message below. Thanks again for any help you can provide.